Yesterday on Twitter I turned to all my followers for help in finding books that I absolutely love, but seem to have a hard time find: Adult post-apocalyptic romance. There are tons of YA books out there, but I need a little smut with my end of the world. There is just something about the influx of magic, nuclear war, or mother nature coming in to wreak havoc on the world. I love reading about two characters who find each other and love at the end of days.
Since there were some really great suggestions put out there, I wanted to combine them all in one place so that you can find them easily. And for those who have never read a post-apocalyptic romance, I want to give you the chance to get as addicted as I am!
Here are the few suggestions I got. Some have magic, paranormal elements, zombies or crazy technology. But they all have at least two things in common: a romance at the core of the story, and the threat of the end of the world!
The Envy Chronicles by Joss Ware (Goodreads)
- Beyond The Night (Kindle | Amazon)
- Embrace The Night Eternal (Kindle | Amazon)
- Abandon The Night (Kindle | Amazon)
- Night Betrayed (Kindle | Amazon)
- Night Forbidden (Kindle | Kindle)
The Wasteland Series (Amazon | Goodreads) *warning: these books are RED HOT! in the romance department*
- The Priestess by RG Alexander (Kindle)
- The Breeder by Eden Bradley (Kindle)
- The Whore by Lilli Feisty (Kindle)
- The Wanderer by Crystal Jordan (Kindle)
Dark Mission Series by Karina Cooper (Goodreads)
- Before the Witches (Kindle | Amazon)
- Blood of the Wicked (Kindle | Amazon)
- Lure of the Wicked (Kindle | Amazon)
- No Rest for the Witches (Kindle | Amazon)
- All Things Wicked (Kindle | Amazon)
Not Quite post-apocalyptic, but Jill Sorenson told me her next romantic suspense, AFTERSHOCK, is going to be a “disaster romance” taking place after a HUGE earthquake. Not quite end of the world, but it probably seems like it in the moment!! Either way, I can’t wait!
So what about you? Do you have a favorite ADULT post-apocalyptic romance that didn’t make the list? Are you new to the genre and looking to find some suggestions? E and I are hosting a giveaway to get everyone else excited about post-apocalyptic romance as well. So, leave a comment with either a suggestion to add to the list or what about the post-apocalyptic genre interests you for a chance to be entered to win an ecopy of either Hammer Down by Moira Rogers or Beyond the Night by Joss Ware. Giveaway is open internationally and ends June 25th. Good luck!