Hey awesome readers. I want to let you know that there will be an exciting celebration of historical romance and its authors and readers in March. The lovely Ashley March, author of Seducing the Duchess, is hosting and created the Annual March Madness. The Book Pushers will be taking part of this celebration as we do *heart* our historical romances, so super thanks again to Ashley for asking us to be a part of this awesome event.
Here is all the information you need and could want:
Some people might think of March as the month for basketball tournaments and St. Patrick’s Day, but starting this year March will be known for a celebration of historical romance readers and writers. From Tuesday, March 1st through Thursday, March 31st, come interact with some of your favorite authors, meet new ones, and enter to win 40+ prizes as Ashley March hosts the 1st Annual March Madness Blog Party at http://www.ashleymarch.com/blog
A fantastic line-up of historical romance authors will be guest blogging with giveaways every single day, and a special daily feature will highlight romance community sites, reviewers, and bloggers who support historical romance.
In addition to the recent releases, upcoming books, and ARCs given away by historical romance authors each day, historical romance readers will also have a chance at winning:
1. A bundle of 5 historical romances every Sunday.
2. 8 Victorian lady postcards
3. 8 “Do you know the way to Pemberley?” postcards
4. 8 “Well behaved women rarely make history” medieval postcards
5. A “Romance Reader & Proud of It” tote bag
6. Two secret prizes (to be announced during the month)
7. A Grand Prize package of historical romance books and a Victorian-styled lovebirds necklace.
Aspiring historical romance writers also have a couple of things to be excited about:
1. Kris Kennedy’s agent, Barbara Poelle of the Irene Goodman Literary Agency, has generously agreed to give away a partial critique to the writer she believes has the best 3-sentence written pitch. One of Kris Kennedy’s books will also be given away, as an example of the type of work Barbara loves.
2. Ashley March will provide a full critique of another aspiring historical writer’s completed novel.
Rules of Eligibility
Daily Author Giveaways
To enter to win one of the books given away daily by our guest authors, simply reply with a relevant comment. A winner will be chosen randomly from all participants. Authors will decide whether the giveaway will be open to US and international residents; this information will be posted at the bottom of each blog.
Historical Romance Reader Prizes
1. Each Sunday, all the daily participants’ names from the last week will be gathered and one random winner will be drawn to receive a bundle of 5 historical romance books. To increase your chances of winning, make you sure you post a relevant comment on each blog. This includes guest author blogs and Featured Romance Site of the Day blogs. (Note: More than one comment on a post will not increase your chances of winning.) These prizes will be open to US and international residents.
2. The 3 packages of historical-themed postcards will be given away randomly throughout the month. To enter to win, you must post a relevant comment on the blog announcing each random giveaway. These prizes will be open to US and international residents.
3. The 2 secret prizes will be announced randomly during the month, with the rules contained in the individual blog posts. These prizes will be open to US and international residents.
4. The winner of the “Romance Reader & Proud of It” tote bag will be the first person to correctly answer a set of trivia questions about historical romance books and authors. Hints will be provided in the form of an online scavenger hunt. The trivia contest will be presented on a random day during the month. This prize will be open to US and international residents.
5. On April 1st, all the daily participants’ names from the entire month of March will be gathered and one random winner will be drawn to receive the Grand Prize. To increase your chances of winning, make sure you post a relevant comment on guest author blogs and Featured Romance Site of the Day blogs. (Note: Posts for other giveaways such as the postcards, tote bag, and aspiring writer prizes will not be counted.) This prize will be open to US and international residents.
Aspiring Historical Romance Writer Prizes
The rules for the partial critique & giveaway and full critique will be posted with the individual blogs announcing the contests. Make sure you visit daily to find out when each contest opens!”
For more information on the participants taking part and the dates, please click HERE.
1 thought on “Annual March Madness”
Pingback: Tweets that mention Annual March Madness | The Book Pushers | Book Reviews | Book Chatter -- Topsy.com